- 3 bananas peeled and cut in sections
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips -or- white chocolate chips
- 1 TBS butter
- optional add ins: crushed cereal, chopped nuts, crushed cookies, dried fruit
- waxed paper
- popsicle stick
- large baking sheet that will fit in your freezer
- container to store finished banana pops
- double boiler or microwave safe dish
After cutting the bananas, stick each one with a popsicle stick and place them on the baking sheet that has been covered with a sheet of waxed paper. Freeze for an hour, or longer. Melt your chocolate with the butter either on medium heat using your double boiler pan, stir until melted. For microwave melting, combine chocolate chips and butter and microwave on high for 30 second intervals until melted.
Take bananas out of the freezer (leave the baking sheet with waxed paper next to you) Dip each banana section into chocolate, if you are using any add ins then roll the dipped banana into them. Place back on sheet. Repeat until done. Freeze again for at least an hour. ENJOY!